Before any Dove House approved car is displayed in our showroom it receives our in-house ‘Full Valet’ from our highly skilled valeter/detailer.
Dove House Motor Company preparation stages:
- Firstly the lower half of the car is sprayed with TFR (traffic film remover – non-caustic) to help remove stubborn dirt and then thoroughly washed, including door sills, wheel arches and engine bay to ascertain the condition of the paintwork. (If the car has a soft top we apply a fabric hood cleaner and then follow that with a protection agent)
- If necessary the car is then given a one stage machine polish (paint protection) with mild abrasives to remove any light defects in the paint.
- Alternatively we perform a clay bar treatment which removes any bonded contamination from paint, glass and wheels leaving everything smooth as silk.
- We then re-wash the car to remove any polishing compound or contaminants built up from the clay bar (using 100% lambs wool mitts).
- To complete the exterior presentation the car is then hand polished or waxed to make the paint sparkle.
- All exterior plastic trims are treated.
- Exhaust tailpipes are cleaned with a mild abrasive cleaner then polished to a shine.
- The final touch being to wash the wheels with TFR (non-caustic) then polish with specialist wheel wax and dress the tyres.
- The interior of the car is thoroughly vacuumed including the boot area.
- Shampoo (pH neutral) the interior to remove any non permanent stains.
- Apply a non-silicon dressing to all interior plastic trims as required.
- All leather trims are treated with a leather conditioning cream to feed the leather and help keep it supple.
- Finally all the glass is cleaned inside and out.
The car is now fully prepared to Dove House standards.