Dove House Motor Company Ltd may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from periodically to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 1st March 2009.
What we collect
We may collect the following personal information:
- information provided to us when using this website (e.g. name, address, telephone numbers, vehicle registration details, & email addresses)
- any additional information provided by you which may be entered onto our database ( e.g. date of birth, driving license details & business address)
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
Any information collected about you will be used to firstly fulfil any service you might request and secondly improve how, as a company, we serve you. We do this by making appropriate use of the information as follows:-
- for administrative, sales, marketing and product development purposes
- to contact you about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting
- for market research purposes for Dove House Motor Company Ltd or any companies that we are associated with
- to customise the website according to our customers interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. This is why we may ask for proof of identity before disclosing personal information to you.
The internet is not secure. You therefore accept that you submit information at your own risk.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Controlling your personal information
Unless we have your express consent, we will not sell, distribute or share any personal information to any non-associated third parties except in the following circumstances:
- as required by law or in connection with legal proceedings.
- in the gathering of statistical data for third parties where information cannot identify specific individuals
- sending credit/debit card details to the appropriate credit card company when processing payments
- to those supplying goods or services in relation to the sale
If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to:
Dove House Motor Company Ltd,
Or email - firstname.lastname@example.org